Saturday, April 7, 2012

Tom Ford´s 15 things that every man should have.


Now that I have your attention, I won´t bother to copy and paste his essentials. I think I´ll rather share with you my point of view of the matter. That´s actually why you´re here, I believe. 
Let´s begin, shall we.
1 - A sense of humour. (Damn, I´m already copying him).
2 - Chivalry. Let´s face it, it´s not dead.
3 - Good grooming! Essential dudes! Shower everyday + deodorant + parfum (if you go to the gym, then it´s 2x/day).
4 - Style! If clothes and fashion are simply not your thing, just drop me an email, cool?
5 - "A daily read of the newspaper?" Really, Mr. Ford? You don´t need to. Just check your ipads. There must be something in there.
6 - Great underwear. You never know when you´re gonna get lucky. Or hit by a bus. Doctors can talk. You´ll get your reputation in the trash. My advice? Get some D&G and Dsquared.
7- Let´s talk about shoes. You need, at least, three pairs of shoes: dressy, casual and exercise. Don´t think of not spending some money on these!
8 - White shirts! Good one, Mr. Ford. I have 5 or 6. They are not enough.
9 - A great haircut. Some guys actually have something going on for him, then you look at his hair and ... *sigh*
10 - Kindness. How can you do it with a simple gesture? Smile. It could brighten someone´s day. (For that you need a straight pearly white smile otherwise you might terrorize the person. Just sayin´...)
11 - Pick up lines are a no-no. 
12 - Confidence. Be careful with that though. It can be confused with arrogance quite easily.
13 - Don´t be afraid to accessorize. You'll need, at least, one of each: watch, sunglasses, belt, wallet. pen, tie, cufflinks and tie bar. One great bag wouldn't hurt, too.
14 - A great suit! Black, blue, grey, I don´t care. My advice: go see a tailor.

3 comments:

  1. What's number 15?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it´s a joke really. "Now that I have your attention, I won´t bother to copy and paste his essentials."
      Got it? :)

      Delete
  2. Can I simply say what a comfort to uncover someone that truly knows what they're discussing on the net. You definitely realize how to bring an issue to light and make it important. A lot more people should check this out and understand this side of your story. It's surprising you're not more popular since you most certainly have the gift.

    my homepage; sharepoint server 2010 - fiestaonline.gamigo.com -

    ReplyDelete